All the images in this blog are copyrighted. You are free to use these images for non-commercial purposes, such as desktop wallpapers, etc. For commercial use contact us at email@example.com.
Insect Scout: deadmanswill
Location: Hyderabad, AP, India
Species Identifier(s): Sunnto (http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/900269/)
Points to appreciate:
- This pair belongs to the family of Leaf Beetles (Chrysomelidae) and to the sub family Hispinae.
- We think the male the smaller one on top but we are not sure.
- Can you make out the eyes of these creatures?
- Beetles in the family Chrysomelidae are commonly known as leaf beetles.
- This is a family of over 35,000 species in more than 2,500 genera, one of the largest and most commonly-encountered of all beetle families.
- Adult and larval leaf beetles feed on all sorts of plant tissue. Many are economically important pests of agriculture, for example the Colorado potato beetle (Leptinotarsa decemlineata), the asparagus beetle (Crioceris asparagi), the cereal leaf beetle (Oulema melanopus), and various flea beetles.