All the images in this blog are copyrighted. You are free to use these images for non-commercial purposes, such as desktop wallpapers, etc. For commercial use contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Insect Scout: deadmanswill
Location: Miryalaguda, AP, India
Species Identifier(s): Wallby1 (http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/901966/)
Points to appreciate:
- The butterfly in the image is male.
- There are two kinds of Lime Blue butterflies: Wet Season Brood and Dry Season Brood.
- Observe the mouthparts of the insect. See how it is crafted for sucking nectar. (Click on the images to see larger sizes).
- All butterfly wings are coated with minute scales that make up the unique design of the wings on each species.
- The Lime Blue (Chilades laius) is a small butterfly found in India that belongs to the Lycaenids or Blues family.
- Male has a bluish-purple upperside.